At the Sydney Rare Book Fair we launch our new premium business name – ORCHARD BOOKSHOP (replacing the “Pop-up Bookshop” moniker for select events and our online shop).
ORCHARD offers “hand-picked books” featuring modern and cult classics/literature, edgy art, nostalgic children’s classics and collectible rarities.
Stand highlights include:
- Raymond Briggs first edition selection
- lovingly inscribed copy of Palahniuk’s Fight Club
- rare street art books
- Tales from the 1001 Nights illustrated by Salvador Dali
- signed limited edition of Catch-22
- first English translation (Constance Garnett) of Dostoevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov
- deluxe Wind in the Willows signed by Shepard.
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame (deluxe limited edition signed by illustrator Ernest Shepard)
London, Methuen, 1971. This edition is the first to include Shepard’s iconic illustrations in colour. Number 32 of 250 copies SIGNED and numbered by Shepard. Beautiful green leather binding with gilt page edges. Cover sunned to spine and with some raised bands scuffed, a few page edges slightly discoloured with one page lightly creased; an excellent copy. $1,750
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (limited edition signed by Heller)
New York, Simon and Schuster, 1994. Number 542 of 750 copies SIGNED by Heller. Cloth binding in red slipcase. A fine copy. $500